Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Amore di Italian (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I was coming to Causeway Bay for a short meeting and rather than having a lonely lunch all by myself, I decided to ring up one of my ex-colleagues to do a quick catch-up. And since she knows her neighborhood pretty well, I was more than happy to go with her recommendation - Amore di Italian at L'hart (駱克駅).

L'hart has already been around for a number of years but it's one of those small buildings in Causeway Bay that I knew very little of. As a matter of fact, I've only been here a number of times, all of which were visits to Japanese restaurants Toba downstairs. Needless to say, I was quite interested to see what they have in store for us. 



My starter was a small salad with parma ham, asparagus and cheese. I like the way they folded the asparagus up with the ham. The salad dressing was light with just the right amount of acidity. Pretty nice and refreshing start.



I already had a few porcini mushroom soup this week so thanks but no thanks, I better dropped another $18 to upgrade myself to a lobster bisque. Once again what a pleasant surprise that was. The rich flavor of lobster with a touch of cognac was so irresistible.



Could they make it three in a roll? Meet my pan fried ox tongue with mushroom sauce. Crispy and tender, that's always the right formula for a good pan fried ox tongue. Yes, that's three in a roll!



Well, can't expect everything to be perfect, right? The caramel cream cake was slightly underwhelming but considering the total damage of $118 (+service), I had nothing but good things to say about this little Italian place.



Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: 25-26/F, L'hart, 487-489 Lockhart Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Causeway Bay
Tel: +852 2573-2838
Website: Link


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think