Friday, September 4, 2015

Miso (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I was at Jardine House this afternoon to see my dentist and was more than happy to report that the routine check-up went surprisingly well. No root canal this time! 

Now that my teeth have proven to be in excellent shape (I believe it's a little rare), I decided to have a little celebration dinner nearby. And since I haven't had teppanyaki for a while, Miso at the basement of the building immediately came to mind.



It's been almost a decade since I last visited Miso here at Jardine House. Yes almost a decade so this visit was really long overdue.



They must have a facelift recently as I didn't recall them having a pond in the middle of the restaurant.



The dining room looked modern and very inviting at the same time. Very good first impression.



I wasn't in the mood for any sashimi on this night but was quite happy to have some California Roll ($90), one of my favorite sushis. Still remembered my buddy always joked about California Roll being "kid's sushi". Okay, I am a kid at heart.



Beef tenderloin with crispy garlic ($198) - This was what I came here for and what would a teppanyaki dinner be without beef? This was just okay though. A little too chewy for my liking and not enough flavors (It should be the other way around when it comes to teppanyaki!).




Cod fish with green bean mashed potato and light tomato sauce ($105) - A lot better than the beef tenderloin. The seasoning was perfect and the green bean mash was so addictive. Pretty good stuff.



I was getting a little greedy now. Following some sushi and teppanyaki, now I am longing for some yakitori. So here we go, some grilled chicken wings with salt ($75) which was decent and some grilled ox tongues ($75) which failed to impress due to its rough texture. Mixed bag on this one.



Pork cutlet with egg on rice ($138) - It was a little weird having tonkatsu at a
teppanyaki dinner instead of a typical fried rice but someone was craving for some pork cutlet and egg so I was being accommodating.

This was again just borderline OK. I didn't like the pork cutlets in the shape of my chicken McNuggets but the rice and egg were all good.



Wait another decade for the next visit? (Am I being a little harsh on them?)


Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 15, Basement, Jardine House, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central/ Hong Kong Station
Tel: +852 2845-8773
Website: www.maxconcepts.com.hk/en/miso.asp


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think