Saturday, July 1, 2023

A Petisqueira Restaurant 葡国美食天地 (Macau, CHINA) ★★★★☆

This morning, we were joined by our good friends from Hong Kong. As planned, we dropped our kids off to the playhouse before picking up where we left off at Taipa Village (氹仔舊城區). Our first order of business was an early lunch at A Petisqueira Restaurant (葡国美食天地), a place touted for its traditional Portuguese dishes.


Very simple and warm decor and I have this feeling as if I was invited into someone's house for lunch.


Stewed beef tripe in Portuguese style – I love anything with beef tripe in it and this was really really good. Very soft-chewy and succulent. The dish itself was similar to the Italian version of beef tripe stew with a tomato-based sauce. I like the lentils and carrots in there for the extra crunch.


Octopus salad – This came with some serious acidity but I thought it made a pretty appetizing starter to kick off the meal.


House spicy prawns with garlic – Not bad.


Roasted Portuguese sausage – Love the nice crispy skin. One of my favorite dishes this afternoon for sure.


Stir-fried clams – Pretty tasty.


Shredded codfish – Easily the best dish of the afternoon simply because I've never had it before and it's so delicious. Scrambled egg, onion and shredded codfish. The salt in the codfish along with its texture really made this ordinary scramble egg dish extra special.


Fried Portuguese Rice 
– I thought the soupy rice from last night was a little bit better but that's just me.


I was so glad to have someone in charge this afternoon so I didn't have to go through the food menu myself! And this was such a hearty recommendation. Many thanks to my friends for the wonderful suggestion and time to move onto the next destination.





Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: 15C-D Rua de S. Joao, Vila de Taipa, Macau
Tel: +853 2882-5354
Opening Hours: 12:30pm - 2:15pm, 6:45pm - 10:00pm (Tue - Sun)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think