Saturday, July 1, 2023

Anytime MGM Cotai 視博茶點 (Macau, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

The fact that I've yet to taste any pastries on this Macau trip was eating me up inside, so while the gang was having dinner at The Cheesecake Factory, I sneaked out on my own to settle my sweet craving.


My destination was Anytime (視博茶點) at MGM Cotai, a café and pastry shop on the lobby level serving afternoon tea sets, homemade pastries and an all-day food menu during different time of the day.



The in-house chocolatier / pastry chef was putting on a show but where's the audience? 😅


Metis (瑰寶朱古力) – When I saw the word "hazelnut" (thinking it was hazelnut praline), I jumped all over it. Mistake!


This tasted like something we had in Hong Kong at our neighborhood chocolate and cake shop, Lucullus (龍島) with vanilla, hazelnut and 60% dark chocolate.


The chocolate mousse was pretty decent, meshing well with the vanilla centre and there was the layer of nutty hazelnut dacquoise on the bottom for some lovely crunch. Not bad but I expected a little more from this talented kitchen. 


The tea was really disappointing too. Tasted like water!






Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, MGM Cotai, Avenida da Nave Desportiva, Coloane-Taipa, Macau
Closest LRT Station: East Asian Games
Tel: +853 8806-2338
Opening Hours: 11:0am - 8:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think