Monday, August 22, 2022

Cannubi Enoteca Cucina K11 Musea (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

Foodies living on the Kowloon side have been waiting for this for so long and it finally happened last month. Following the opening of 8 1/2 Otto e Mezzo in 2010, it took celebrity chef Umberto Bombana 12 years to finally open his first venture across the harbour.



This time around, Chef Bombana not only opened one but two restaurants at K11 Musea - Tuber Umberto Bombana which is a fine-dining Italian restaurant and its casual sister, Cannubi Enoteca Cucina. Time wasn't on my side so I went with a casual lunch at Cannubi Enoteca Cucina today.



Didn't get the chance to try their bread this afternoon.



Veal Tenderloin – Chef Bombana's take on the classic Vitello tonnato.


The sliced veal topped with black olive, capers and dollops of confit tuna belly was finished off beautifully with a creamy tuna mayonnaise.


There were threads of celery on top of the veal and tuna mayo to give the dish some extra bite. Very delicious!


Fresh Tagliatelle – I had to adjust my expectation when my server told me that this was really an elevated version of a humble spaghetti Bolognese (肉醬意粉).


But this was far more than just an ordinary Joe. In fact, it was a knockout! The star of the dish was the fresh tagliatelle, perfectly al dente and it was wonderfully matched with the sweetness of the wagyu beef ragout and some fine acidity from the confit tomatoes. Very nicely done.


Classic Tiramisu – My perfect afternoon was spoiled a bit by what I thought was the safest bet of the menu, dessert.



Chef Bombana's tiramisu has long been on my top 10 list since I started eating tiramisu and I was expecting more or less the same thing here at his new digs but.....

The balance between mascarpone, home-blend coffee and ladyfinger wasn't bad but the texture was way too custardy for me. 



Chef Bombana's cuisine is all about delivering the best of Italian dishes using the freshest ingredients in the market and that was in full display this afternoon. It would've been a perfect afternoon for me if not for their miscue with the tiramisu.





Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Shop 113A, 1/F, K11 Musea, Victoria Dockside, 18 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: East Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2133-4903
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 12:00am daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think