Monday, August 15, 2022

Mango Tree Elements (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I can't believe it's been nearly 3 years since The Three Musketeers last met. The three of us gathered for dinner near S's home in December 2019 to bid farewell to him. Since then, Guan Gong has also left for beautiful British Columbia with his beloved daughter leaving me as the only member of the trio to stay put in Hong Kong. Then came COVID-19 and we were all stranded with our travel plans suspended. Luckily, we still had our ad-hoc FaceTime meetings from time to time to see each other and keep ourselves updated on our happenings. Last month, when I first heard about S's plan to fly back to see his family, I was really ecstatic about it.

We were more concerned about having a place with more privacy to talk than having good food so we ended up picking Mango Tree at Elements Shopping Mall for lunch. Needless to say, I was so happy to see S at last. He was the first friend I knew in Vancouver back in our high school days.

Starting things off for me was a small appetizer sized grilled pork's neck.


Iced Thai milk tea a must around here.


I haven't had a Pad Thai for months. This wasn't bad but I certainly won't mind a little more acidity there to go with the sweetness and savory notes.


A lot has happened in the last couple of years for the both of us. We quickly exchanged our stories on what's happened/happening in our lives and shared a few laughs on how hard it is to be a parent these days. Before we knew it, a couple of hours have passed us by. After lunch, S walked me back to the MTR station and I said goodbye to him before disappearing behind the gate. 

For 3 years, S has been complaining about the simple (and as he claimed "boring") life back home but to be brutally honest, I was jealous of him having that luxury of living a simple (but happy) life. Who knows when I will get that chance. I still have a long long way to go with my little nugget just entering primary school.....





Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 2032, Elements, 1 Austin Road West, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Kowloon Station
Tel: +852 2668-4884
Website: www.mangotree.com.hk
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 11:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think