Friday, August 12, 2022

Tiramisu'Lab by Ermanno Lelli (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Not much has been happening in the local food scene in the last little while so when celebrity Nicholas Tse came out to endorse a particular dessert (at least that sounded like an endorsement to me), it immediately became part of the headlines. The dessert that was garnering some attention was the tiramisu brought to us by Tiramisu'Lab and what's amazing about it was that it came with 30+ different flavors.


While Tiramisu'Lab already has a permanent address in Sheung Wan, they have recently started a pop-up kiosk at Eslite Bookstore in Tsim Sha Tsui. To first test the waters at the pop-up, they are only bringing 6 of their most popular flavors with them.


The classic tiramisu, pistachio, mango+coconut, banana chocolate; I forgot the other two.


As a fan of classic and contemporary tiramisu, I won't be leaving here without a couple of these in my hands, right?


Tiramisu "Authentic 1960" – Sometimes, I am more of a purist when it comes to tiramisu so this was a no-brainer.


The timeless combination of coffee, mascarpone, flour, egg and ladyfinger from a traditional recipe dating back to the 1960s.


This has very nice balance between the ingredients. My only complaint is that, it's a little too custardy in the middle than what I've accustomed to. Could have been a little more foamy there.


Thai Misu' (Mango Coconut) – The "Thai" twist with mango and coconut reminded me of the different flavors of tiramisu we tried in Venice from a place called I Tre Mercanti. This is very refreshing but I have trouble relating it to a tiramisu without the coffee.








Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Store L221, 2/F, Eslite Spectrum 誠品生活, Star House, 3 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 6821-0095



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think