Sunday, May 1, 2022

Yung's Bistro 鏞鏞.藝嚐館 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

After spending a highly productive morning at the Hong Kong Space Museum (香港太空館), little nugget was finally ready for lunch (And I thought he would never leave his friends behind.). It was going to be a very late lunch (almost 3pm) and to ensure that we have a place to eat, I decided to quietly sneak out 15 minutes earlier to the neighboring K11 Musea to look for a restaurant that serves late lunch.

I have been craving for some dim sum all week and Yung's Bistro (鏞鏞.藝嚐館) on the 7th floor immediately came to mind. It's our second time here.


Without further delay, I grabbed the dim sum menu and randomly picked a few items so little one could start eating asap.


Mini egg tart (即焗酥皮蛋撻仔) – I didn't expect this to arrive first since the menu said "bake to order".

These were borderline OK. The tart wasn't nearly buttery enough and I was expecting the custard to be a little more eggy.


Steamed shrimp and asparagus dumpling (碧玉鮮露蝦餃皇) – Both the wrapper and shrimp were pretty nice but I didn't realize there was asparagus in it until I had time to read the menu.


Steamed pork dumpling with mushroom (鏞鏞花菇滑燒賣) – Pretty decent (but could have been a little more meaty).


Steamed barbecued pork bun (港式蜜汁叉燒包) – Something to stuff ourselves with.


Steamed ox tripe with curry sauce (秘製咖喱金錢肚) – The ox tripe was very tender but there were only five pieces of them (versus about 10 pieces of taro). The small taro cubes were seriously tasty.


Steamed rice flour roll stuffed with shrimp and chives (韭黃鮮蝦蒸腸粉) – Not bad.


Crispy roasted pigeon (生炸脆皮皇子鴿) – The skin was so crispy and I like the texture of the flesh too. Really nice and firm.


Supreme soup dumpling with conpoy, bamboo fungus and pork (竹笙瑤柱灌湯餃) – Little nugget is such a soup addict so there's really zero chance that I could get my hands on this one.


According to him, really heart warming.


Deep-fried dumpling with red bean paste (玫瑰豆沙炸脆角) – The presentation wasn't the greatest but I thought they were pretty tasty. The crust made with glutinous rice was nice and chewy like Japanese mochi.



A quick recap of today's action 
at the Hong Kong Space Museum.



They have all these simulations.



And display of spacesuit, sleeping compartments and stuff.



I wasn't particularly happy with this weekend's weather. It's so wet and windy. And I thought we will start getting some nice weather in May.







Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 701, 7/F, K11 MUSEA, Victoria Dockside, 18 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: East Tsim Sha Tsui / Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2321-3800
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think