Monday, May 16, 2022

Peko Peko Eatery at OP Mall (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Another old former colleague of mine is leaving Hong Kong in two weeks, returning to the beautiful British Columbia. Since I was taking the afternoon off to get my repaired NAS server, I thought I should ping him up to see if he's available for a quick farewell lunch. Not surprisingly, he was a bit bored doing packing at home so we quickly met up at OP Mall in Tsuen Wan West.



Peko Peko Eatery was his idea and I had absolutely no objection what so ever. After all, it's been some time since I last had Japanese comfort food that wasn't sushi.



Caesar salad with smoked salmon
 
– Not bad.



Tomato soup 
– Tasted a bit like minestrone soup but without the beans.



Pork's neck and beef shank 
– We got to choose two main dishes from a list of items that also included chicken fillet and fish. But as a meat's lover, I'm going to go with some grilled pork's neck and braised beef shank. 



It was a pretty delicious meal and easy on my wallet too. After lunch, I bid farewell to my friend as we went our separate ways. I think I have said it enough times by now. I am really sick and tired of farewells these days but it seems to keep coming. Some of these faces I will remember forever; others I may forget after a while (cuz life in Hong Kong is so damn busy!). But either way, they mean something to me. In a perfect world, we can still be good friends (on FB) but the reality is, our friendship will take on a different path from now on. A new path that may not consist of each other's footprints.

But I am so glad we once crossed path.





Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 1006-1007, 1/F, OP Mall, 100 Tai Ho Road, Tsuen Wan, NT, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsuen Wan West
Tel: +852 2688-9128
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 10:00pm (Mon - Fri), 11:00am - 10:00pm (Sat - Sun)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think