Thursday, May 12, 2022

Bakehouse Wanchai (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

It's been a while since I last attended an in-person meeting with my colleagues. I was looking forward to seeing some of them this afternoon after having been resolved to meeting them strictly on Zoom for the last few months.

After a very fruitful meeting, time to bring something sweet home – Bakehouse.


It's an adventure (and nightmare) trying to bring this bag of goodies home on a rainy day. I had to fight off a number of reckless pedestrians who inadvertently tried to knock everything to the floor. 


Matcha cream doughnut – This came highly recommended by my server.


I thought the dough was really spongy almost like a pillow. Unfortunately, I had this a little too late and the sprinkle of sugar was already gone.


I like the abundance of matcha cream there. That was the good part. The bad one? It was a little on the bitter side which ended with a overly bitter aftertaste.


Sourdough egg tart – As always very very tasty. Even after it has sat there for a while.







Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$$
Address: G14 Tai Wong Street East, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Website: https://bakehouse.hk/
Opening Hours: 8:00am - 9:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think