Monday, February 8, 2021

Ebisoba Ichigen Harbour City 一幻拉麵 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

In a recent school project, my little nugget was asked to reveal his mommy and daddy's favorite food. To my surprise, he mentioned that Japanese ramen was daddy's favorite dish. I don't know how he got that impression but my favorite food has always been French. A hearty French dish always put a smile on my face but that's one thing which was missing in my life since the start of the pandemic...

Anyways, after a quick lunch at Maru De Sankaku (鯛白湯らーめん○de▽), I was again slurping Japanese noodles, this time at Ebisoba Ichigen (一幻拉麵). Perhaps, this explains why my little one mistakenly thought I'm in love with ramen noodles.


Ebisoba Ichigen is an import from Sapporo Hokkaido, best known for its shrimp broth ramen.


The noodles soaked up in the warm broth were pretty tasty. 


The same could not be said about the barbecued pork though. I had this very thick slice which was very chewy.


The flavorful shrimp broth literally put Ebisoba on the map but many ramen experts suggested that it's a little too greasy.



I thought the shrimp broth wasn't bad but like the ramen experts have pointed out, it's making the noodles a little oily. Combining that with an average char siu and soft-boiled egg (and poor service), we got ourselves a mediocre ramen at the very best.




Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop OT G59, G/F, Ocean Terminal, Harbour City, 3-27 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 3105-1199
Website: www.ebisoba.com.hk
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 11:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think