Sunday, February 7, 2021

Bangkok Canteen 曼谷食堂 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I have never been the biggest fan of Thai cuisine but here I am having Thai food for the second time in three days. It's my second visit to Bangkok Canteen (曼谷食堂) in Fortress Hill, a place that I was comfortable with last time around.


Iced Thai milk tea - Judging from the ChaTraMue tea cans on the wall, I'm guessing that's what they used for their milk tea.

And it's excellent as always. Creamy and decadently sweet. Always love the fragrance from the Thai tea leaves. 


Just when I was finishing up my first and second sip of my milk tea, my Thai-style fried rice was ready to be served.


This was tossed with shrimp paste. I thought the minced pork, egg, chili and pea were all nice additions to the fried rice but I didn't like the sliced Chinese sausage at all. Why not diced them?


Bangkok Canteen is turning into my go-to Thai restaurant on the island side but it's mainly because of its proximity to my therapist.




Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 1, G/F, 147-151 King's Road, Fortress Hill, Tin Hau, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Fortress Hill
Tel: +852 2376-1066
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 9:30pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think