Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Kam Sha Kok Cafe 金沙角冰室 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

I'm taking a rare day off to bring my little one to Mandarin class this morning. After dropping him off at the school, I walked around the area looking for a place to kill approximately 50 minutes off the clock. Good thing it's an area in Prince Edward where there was no shortage of tea restaurants.


At 11:10am, it was an odd time to stop by a tea restaurant cuz most places would be offering their lunch menu by now but Kam Sha Kok Cafe (金沙角冰室) actually extended their breakfast menu until 11:30am. That's tough to turn down...


I could use a bit of caffeine by now. Heck, it was a bit too strong for me. Would have asked for more milk on a "normal" day but I was too lazy (and shy) to raise my hand this morning.



A very disappointing bowl of noodles with fried egg and sausage. The broth was way too bland
to make this work.



2020 (and start of 2021) has been a difficult year for me. Anyone that reads this blog regularly would notice that I have pretty much lost my desire for good food. To the contrary, I've enjoyed more time visiting local tea restaurants. For now, I just didn't have the mood for indulgence.




Food Rating: 3.5/10
Price: $$
Address: G/F, 749 Nathan Road, Prince Edward, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Prince Edward
Tel: +852 5596-4018
Opening Hours: 6:30am - 2:00am daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think