Thursday, February 4, 2021

Maru De Sankaku 鯛白湯らーめん○de▽ (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

Finally, I decided to fix my tooth problem that has been bothering me for years. After spending a couple of hours at my dentist's clinic this morning which included time for a COVID-19 rapid test, the treatment was eventually over. With my sore gums which were still bleeding a little, I decided to cross the street to Kau U Fong and see if I could grab a very quick lunch. To my pleasant surprise, there was only a small lineup in front of Maru De Sankaku (鯛白湯らーめん○de▽), which was an extreme rarity these days. So, without hesitation, I got right behind the queue.



Maru De Sankaku, the sister restaurant of the incredibly popular Zagin Soba (also on Aberdeen Street) is famous for its rich madai paitan (鯛白湯 or creamy snapper broth). They do go fast and furious everyday since only 150 bowls of the rich white broth are made available daily.


Madai broth ramen ($138) - I could smell the umami-rich broth from miles away. Needless to say, I had to sample a spoonful of the white broth before working on my noodles. This was so gooood. Very rich and sweet. Other than the rich snapper flavors, I could really taste something like clams in there (from the burst of sweetness)!


The noodles were very nice too. Stringy with lots of bite.


The barbecued pork was also fairly tasty (especially with the super milky broth). I like the shoulder part a little more than the belly.


The soft-boiled egg almost perfect.


It has to be the best Japanese ramen experience I had in a long long time. Too bad I only had half of my palate working today thanks to the anesthetics I had earlier. I think this warrants a second visit.




Food Rating: 7/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 13 Aberdeen Street, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central
Tel: +852 2346-3889
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 9:30pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think