Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Gontran Cherrier at K11 Musea (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

After leaving Regent Hotel, I took a few steps towards the MTR station before realizing that I still had about half an hour to spare prior to my proposed basketball session with little nugget. As there were a few places in K11 Musea that I haven't paid a visit for a while, I decided to put that 30 minutes into good use. Gontran Cherrier was front and center during my short stroll.



I know Gontran Cherrier is touted for their croissants but didn't realize they have cruffins these days.



Almond croissant 
– My experience with Gontran Cherrier went way back when they first opened in Tokyo. Too bad last time I checked, they were already out of the Japanese market.

I love the almond and matcha croissant here. They are so flaky and buttery. And this one with almond chips on top offered that extra crunchiness. Very addictive.


Vanilla cream cruffin – Cruffin in a cup. Interesting idea.

Gontran Cherrier at K11 Musea - best Vanilla cream cruffin in Hong Kong

I have to admit, the puff pastry was nicely done. Very nice, flaky texture and a little chewy at the same time, reminiscing of a hybrid between a croissant and muffin.

Gontran Cherrier at K11 Musea - best Vanilla cream cruffin in Hong Kong

The vanilla cream was right on the money too. It wasn't light like whipped cream yet it wasn't thick like a custard. Little one seemed to enjoy it.

Gontran Cherrier at K11 Musea - best Vanilla cream cruffin in Hong Kong

It's so hard to find a good cruffin in Hong Kong these days and now that Gontran Cherrier has it in store, perhaps it's worth stopping by a little more often.  






Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop B205-B207, B2/F, K11 Musea, Victoria Dockside, 18 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: East Tsim Sha Tsui / Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 3468-2430
Opening Hours: 9:00am - 9:00pm (Mon - Fri), 10:00am - 9:00pm (Sat - Sun)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think