Friday, June 2, 2023

Wing Wah Allday 永華日常 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

We have a whole day of meetings lined up today. I am hoping to get myself some much-needed caffeine to stay awake so a full breakfast sounds like the perfect plan.



It's been almost two years since I last visited 
Wing Wah Allday (永華日常) at Lee Tung Avenue. I have heard a lot of good things (and some bad ones) about this place since its opening and not surprisingly, it has become one of the go-to breakfast spots in Wanchai overtaking some of the old stalwarts these days. But I have had mixed feelings from my personal experience so let's see how it goes this morning.



I had three choices from a long list of items and ended up picking fried egg, luncheon meat and bacon (hidden underneath). 



I thought the bacon and luncheon meat were both pretty nice. The butter toast was decent. 



It took a while for my instant noodle to arrive. Had to chase the servers a few times to make it happen, and the fact that my neighbours who came in later than me, already got theirs (same dish) certainly didn't help my emotion which was starting to run high.

This was actually pretty tasty. The satay sauce was a little stronger than some of the other places and the beef was surprisingly tender. But was it worth the wait (about 15 minutes) I wonder?



This was supposed to be the first order of business but it took 20 minutes to arrive. Of course, I raised my hand more than a few times and had my chat with different servers but that didn't seem to help shorten the waiting time. At the end, I didn't have time to finish it. Not that, I was keen to finish it cuz it was way too watery (less milky than I expected), which was the same finding I had two years ago.  Nothing has improved I guess, and for a breakfast place, a good iced milk tea is crucial. 



For someone who eats out a lot, I tend to value service a lot more than the food quality. Even if you have the best dishes in town but really lousy and unattentive service, one day it's going to catch up with you. That's what I learned from this city's dining scene. It's not a very forgiving one.





Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop G22-23, G/F, Lee Tung Avenue, 200 Queen's Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2686-9887
Website: www.wingwahallday.hk
Opening Hours: 8:00am - 9:30pm (Sun - Thu), 8:00am - 10:00pm (Fri - Sat)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think