Monday, June 5, 2023

Honolulu Coffee Shop 檀島咖啡餅店 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

I'm back to Wanchai for another round of meetings this morning and after two disappointing outings in a roll with the newcomers (Wing Wah Allday 永華日常 and Life is Good Cafe), I decided to go back to one of the old stalwarts. I knew exactly what I'm going to get from Honolulu Coffee Shop (檀島咖啡餅店). No big surprises I hope.


As usual, my breakfast here started off with a cup of hot milk tea that was thick and super strong in tea flavor. It wasn't silky smooth and aromatic like it used to be but its richness in caffeine was likely enough to get me through the morning.



It's been almost two years since I last had breakfast at Honolulu. The breakfast plate, now served on plastic, was pretty decently cooked. And no, let's not worry about the presentation.



Perhaps, just perhaps someone has been reading this blog and realized how much Wanchai needed a good breakfast/lunch spot. We have a new place here called Lang's Cafe (瀾之茶居). Can this be a venture by Mr. Chua Lam (蔡瀾) himself? He's one of my FAV.







Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 176-178 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2575-1823
Opening Hours: 7:00am - 10:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think