Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Heimat by Peter Find (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Things are heating up a bit at work these days like it always does in June and July. After surviving two important meetings in the morning, it was finally time for lunch. I was trying to think of a place for a decent meal and suddenly recalled a recent advice I got from my blogger friend Tony who has been telling me about his wonderful experience at Clarence and Heimat by Peter Find. It was toss-up between the two but at the end of the day, I wound up choosing Heirmat since time was again my biggest enemy and very likely, I won't have time to enjoy a full-course lunch menu at Clarence. 


I could never tell the difference between LKF Tower and California Tower but after going to the wrong address in the first place, I finally got it right.


First up, some homemade sourdough bread served with what looked like yoghurt to kick off the meal. 



Hummersülze – My starter was cylinder-shaped lobster gelee made with Brittany Lobster, with herb salad and quail egg served on the side.



This was like having chilled lobster soup with diced vegetables in the middle for some extra crunch. Not bad especially on a hot summer day like today.



Pfefferpotthast – Westphalia beef stew with onion ragout and yellow potatoes.  



The traditional German stew was an iconic dish that dated back to almost 1370.


I bet this one would work well with steamed rice, Chinese style.



Spätzle – At this point, Chef Find came over and offered me some complimentary cheese spätzle. The curly egg noodles were nice and chewy, just the perfect companion with the beef stew (forget about the steamed rice!) I thought. Thanks Chef Find!



Checking my watch, I was indeed right that I won't have time for dessert. So, I quickly settled the bill and started my trot back to my office.





Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$$
Address: 8/F LKF Tower, 33 Wyndham Street, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 3:00pm, 6:00pm - 11:00pm (Mon - Sat)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think