Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Regent Hotel The Lobby Lounge (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Earlier this week, I got a memo to prep little nugget on his upcoming tryout for the school basketball team. From what I've seen so far, little one has yet to show any signs of interest in sports but since I was a basketballer myself at a younger age, I thought I should give the boy some non-intensive training myself prior to the big day.

Regent Hotel The Lobby Lounge, business lunch harbour view

But before all the exercise took place, I needed something decent for lunch first. Perhaps something I haven't tried before!? So, I raced over to Regent Hotel's The Lobby Lounge looking for either a very late lunch or early afternoon tea. Either one would work for me as I was desperate for something new. As it turned out, I just barely made it before their last order for business lunch (2pm).

Regent Hotel The Lobby Lounge, business lunch harbour view

Needless to say, I had to ask for a table where I could easily soak up the harbour view.

Regent Hotel The Lobby Lounge, business lunch harbour view

First thing first, I was started off with a couple of mini baguettes. These ain't bad but the seaweed butter was hard and cold like they were fresh out of the fridge.


Taiyouran egg, escargot, potato – This has the making of a pretty good dish starting with the tasty sautéed escargot, which was complemented nicely by the taiyouran egg, potato strips and parsley coulis. The dish was finished off with what I thought was a light but richly flavored mushroom consommé.

Regent Hotel The Lobby Lounge, business lunch harbour view

Not surprisingly, the runny egg yolk worked well with the escargot.


Stone bass, ratatouille 
– My main dish was seared stone bass served on a bed of French-style vegetable stew. Pretty decent dish with a lot of flavors coming from the tomato-based ratatouille.

Regent Hotel The Lobby Lounge, business lunch harbour view

After the meal, I got to leisurely enjoy a cup of tea. That was priceless considering we are already well into our peak season.








Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Lobby Level, Regent Hong Kong, 18 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui / East Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2313-2313
Opening Hours: 10:00am - 12:00am daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think