Thursday, January 23, 2020

OKKO Hotels Bayonne Centre (Bayonne, FRANCE)

Our accommodations in Bayonne went down the wire despite I made the bookings months ago. About a week before we took off for London, I was informed by the hotel that they won't be able to welcome us (and any guests) in the next few months. Why, you ask? Some emergency maintenance work they claimed so we were back to square one. Luckily, our destination was Bayonne not Paris so rest assured, I knew I could find ourselves a shelter. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

After hours of research, a replacement was already in place. In fact, based on my experience, it should have been our first choice to begin with - OKKO Hotels Bayonne Centre.



Like many hotels in mega cities (Bayonne is not one), OKKO Bayonne's hotel lobby is located on the top level of the building. Check-in was quick and within minutes, I already got my keys to our three rooms. But the first thing I checked out was the lounge on the same floor.



This came with ceiling-to-floor windows everywhere providing a great panoramic view of the city. We were going to be back for breakfast tomorrow morning anyways so our stay was a very brief one. After a visit to the lounge, we took the elevator down again to check out our rooms. Despite our late booking, they were able to put us all on the same floor.



OKKO Hotels have been on my radar for quite some time now. I have always wanted to give them a shot because I just love their contemporary and minimalist decor but their closest-sized room really scared me away (last time it was Lyon when I was looking for a place to stay and I ended up booking Sofitel which was a huge mistake).



But turns out, it wasn't too bad. In fact, there's a lot more room for me to maneuver than I first imagined.



The most interesting (and eye-catching) design of course came from the bathroom. While there were some deficiencies in the design, it was pretty "functional" with just enough space for pretty much everything. The shower room was spacious for such a small-sized room.



The counter provided ample space to brush my teeth, wash my face and do my flossing.



Now the design part. No wardrobe, no problem when you have a couple of hangers like these on a metal tube. That will get it done.



They also find spots to hide their gadgets like coffee maker and hair dryer.



My room has a view to a side street which surprisingly had buses going very late at night. Luckily, the sound proof system was perfect so I didn't hear a thing.



Little nugget woke up real early the next morning and as usual, he wanted his egg and ham immediately.



This could be a penthouse suite but they decided to spend it on a lounge cum breakfast hall.



It's not the best breakfast I've ever had but they got most things covered.



Some freshly squeezed juice and milk in the middle.



Little guy has been working on his poached egg for a while. I will just let him do his thing while I do my thing.



Some early-morning booze for an extra cost!



Everyone's rushing through that bridge to get to work this morning. I guess Bayonne isn't the small town we all thought it was after all.



It was quite amazing how they managed to fit so much into 18 square metre of real estate. ell done, Team OKKO Bayonne!



Rating: ❤❤❤❤
Price: €€
Address: 22 Boulevard du BAB, 64100 Bayonne, France
Tel: +33 (0)5 5942-8838
Website: www.okkohotels.com/en/page/bayonne/.3097.html


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think