Thursday, January 23, 2020

Café Le Florida (Toulouse, FRANCE) ★★★☆☆

I had to endure one of the most miserable and painful night last night. Upon my arrival in Toulouse, I started having really high temperature and by the time I finished taking shower at our hotel, I had migraine headache, high fever and was feeling hot and cold. I thought I won't make it through the night but luckily I did.

But the aftermath of me getting sick last night. Well, mom and little nugget never got the chance to have dinner as the "designated" driver (me) got too sick to go out. We also missed out all the attractions in Toulouse. As a matter of fact, we only had enough time to stroll around Place du Capitole before we took off for Bayonne.



We managed to find this place called Café Le Florida on Place du Capitole for a quick breakfast. We originally thought they would be serving pasta and salad at 11:30am but were told that only breakfast dishes were available before noon (my hands still shaking!).



So we had to settle for bacon and eggs. Little nugget was happy to finally have a proper meal after skipping dinner last night (sorry kiddo!). 



Following breakfast, we walked around the square under the miserable weather. I got some chicken nuggets and burgers from a nearly McDonald's so we could eat on the car on our way to Bayonne.



This had to be one of the most memorable days from my travel (in a bad way). I don't recall any time I was so ill that I couldn't even take the wheels. Jelloman is driving today and I'm officially her "human GPS".



I must be very very sick this morning cuz I thought I heard my wife comparing this café to Caffé Florian in Venice, one of the oldest cafes in the world.





Price: €€€
Address: 12 Place du Capitole, 31000 Toulouse, France, France
Tel: +33 (0)5 6123-9461
Website: www.leflorida-capitole.fr
Opening Hours: 7:00am - 2:00am daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think