Saturday, January 4, 2020

KiKi Noodle Bar at IFC Mall (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I got some much needed Me-Time this morning away from my little nugget. Even had enough time to enjoy a burger at Shake Shack IFC, which I haven't got time to do for ages. But it's time to go back to work again as I meet up with my family in front of the AIA Carnival.



It was almost 3pm by the time they finished a morning (and early afternoon) of activities so rather than venturing out of Central for lunch, we simply grabbed something simple along the way. It's my second visit to this branch of KiKi Noodle Bar. To be brutally honest, I'm not much of a fan when it comes to Chinese noodle soup (ramen another story) but little one, Jelloman and her parents are all fans so something's got to give.



KiKi Dan Dan Noodles (KiKi 擔擔麵) - Surprisingly not as spicy as I first feared. Not a bad choice if you're looking for something simple and hearty.



De-boned chicken mixed noodles, sesame sauce (胡麻棒棒雞拌小醋麵) - According to the description on the menu, a creation by a Michelin starred chef. Well, I wonder who that might be (it didn't say).

I have always enjoyed having shredded chicken in sesame dressing but this one with chilled vinegared noodles provided a whole new experience. I thought not bad, and the portion was more than generous.



Black truffle steamed rice roll, assorted mushrooms (松露雜菌撈腸粉) - Very delicate. The assorted mushrooms, lettuce and rice flour rolls all working well with the sweet soy.


Everybody seems to be enjoying today's lunch. I have to admit that the noodles we ordered today were all pretty good but like I said on the first visit, the heavy price tag (more than $600 for all these noodles) will always keep me from coming back for more.


Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Shop 2017, 2/F, IFC, 1 Harbour View Street, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Hong Kong Station
Tel: +852 2114-3426
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 10:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think