Thursday, January 9, 2020

Maze Grill by Gordon Ramsay (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

This month, I am getting a surprise visit from the past. Following a surprise encounter with my first ex where I bumped into her and her family on a plane to Tokyo, one of my other ex called and told me about her plans of visiting Hong Kong. It's been 6 years since I last got a visit from her from Vancouver so I decided to treat her to a decent meal this time around.


I haven't visited Maze Grill by Gordon Ramsay since two Christmas ago when my sister was back (also from Vancouver). I guess this place is quickly becoming my go-to place for out-of-town visitors because of its harbour view.


While I was sitting there, I began to wonder what would my former favorite girlfriend looks like these days. Still look as good as she used to be? I can't wait to find out. And just when I was playing with my phone, she finally showed up looking as beautiful as ever. Obviously, the water and air in Vancouver are making her look ageless. After exchanging pleasantries, we each talked about what happened in the past 6,7 years. We got some laugh about the past and joked about what future holds for us. A fun filled conversation and it didn't sound like we have not seen each other that long.


Some sourdough bread with the usual bone marrow butter to start things off.



Both of us started the meal with the spiced yellowfin tuna tartare. This came with small pieces of Nashi pear, some lotus root chips and chives. Personally, I thought it was a little bland considering I saw the word "spiced" in there.



For my main dish, I opted for their prawn, fish and scallop cake.



There's a bit of South Asian flavor there. The small wafu salad was a nice way to offset the richness of the dish.



My ex loves having steak so not surprisingly, she went with Gordon's signature beef wellington. This was beautifully done. For $148 only at lunch, a must for meat lover.



Dessert was lime cheesecake with lemon and yogurt sorbet. We got an order of this to share just like old times.



It was nice to see her after so many years and knowing that she has done well with her family back home. I promised her I'd go back to Vancouver this year. It's been 7 years and counting so it's really long overdue.


Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop OTE401, Level 4, Ocean Terminal, Harbour City, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2765-0890
Website: www.diningconcepts.com/restaurants/maze-Grill
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 11:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think