Saturday, August 25, 2018

Lady M at HKIA (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

Thanks to my hour-long flight delay, I was able to afford time to check out the Lady M cafe at the airport this afternoon. I remembered walking past the cafe in July wondering when I would get the chance to sit down for dessert here and turned out, I didn't have to wait very long.




Rose mille-crepes with the same signature paper-thin handmade crepes layered with rose flavor infused pastry cream, and toppings of sweet rose jelly and edible rose petals. This is by far the best cake Lady M has to offer. I thought the Earl Grey mille crepes was a good one too, but unfortunately it's no longer available in Hong Kong.



Lady M Checkers Cake - In between the vanilla and chocolate sponge cake was fresh whipped cream and they have a thick layer of silky dark chocolate ganache to tie everything together. It's my second try since they first introduced it in Hong Kong and I'm starting to like it more and more.



Gâteau aux Marrons - Mom's a big fan of marron so I know this will be in the mix for sure. Almond flour cake, soft whipped cream centre and chestnut-infused cream made up the barebone of this lovely dessert while roasted walnut and snow sugar provided the finishing touch. Very nice.



Now that I've tamed my sweet tooth, it's also time to board.

Food Rating: 7/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Shop No.70, South, Departures Level 7, Passenger Terminal 1, HKIA Tower, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Airport
Tel: +852 2869-1368
Website: www.ladymhk.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think