Saturday, August 4, 2018

The Continental (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

We're going back to Pacific Place again for brunch today and guess what, it's going to be another zoo day after the meal. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The kid loves going to the zoo these days.



While I had no say about where to go this afternoon (We left it to our little nugget to decide on his own coz after all, it's a city that embraces democracy. Or is it?), I got to choose where to have our brunch. I picked The Continental because I have always liked their vibe (not so much their food unfortunately).



Continental Caesar salad - This came from the brunch set we ordered ($210). A pretty standard Caesar with crisp lettuce, croutons, parmesan and smoked sardines.



Three-meat Lasagna - The main dish from the brunch set. Personally, I'm not a big fan of lasagna but a lasagna made with three different kinds of meat (beef, pork, lamb) certainly got my attention.

I thought it was pretty cheesy with lots of tomatoes in it. It tasted alright but having the minced lamb in between the sheets of pasta was a little weird for me (Just because I don't like eating lamb!).



Gluten-free Crab cake Benny - Probably the best dish of the meal. The crab cake was really well prepared.



Nice crispy crust with lots of crab meat in the middle and perfectly complemented by the creamy spinach, Hollandaise sauce and poached egg.



Spiced seared salmon - I saw my neighbor ordering this and it looked pretty darn good. Unfortunately, my version came a little bit dry. The chanterelle mushrooms and what I thought was red pepper purée were both nice additions to the dish though.



Maine lobster spaghettini - This was a non-spicy version in which the spicy chili oil was specifically taken out upon our request (for my little nugget's sake). The pasta itself had pretty solid bite and it was helped by a lovely cast of red prawns, bisque, rocket leaves, red pepper and snow peas. Second best dish behind the crab cake.



Creme brulee with mixed fruit - A complimentary dessert that came with the set. This was pretty "normal". I'll just leave it at that.



It was my first experience with their weekend brunch since Chef Joey Sergentakis left for greener pastures in Singapore. I thought the menu looked a little shorter now but there're still some interesting choices in there (example, crab cake). Of course, it also helps to have an Eatigo discount of 40% for dining at 2PM.

Note: Eatigo discounts do not apply to brunch sets.




Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Unit 406, L4, Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Admiralty
Tel: +852 2704-5211 
Website: www.thecontinentalhongkong.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think