Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Handels Vagen Ice-Cream (Osaka, JAPAN) ★★★☆☆

I had my first experience with Handels Vagen's delicious ice-cream in Tokyo two years ago and have become a small fan ever since.

Despite the German-like name, Handels Vagen is a home grown talent out of Kyoto by Masaki Imamura who actually started his culinary career trained in traditional Japanese cuisine.

Their only branch in Osaka is located in the food hall of LUCUA, a giant shopping complex in bustling Umeda.



It's nice to see that their brand has evolved a lot since my last visit, which is now more of a dessert cafe serving coffee, ice-cream shakes and small bites (such as ice-cream sandwich) on top of their artisanal ice-cream. 



I decided to check out their fresh pistachio and macadamia caramel coconut flavors. The pistachio was so rich which had me thinking I was in Italy enjoying a nice scoop of pistachio gelato. That was a great choice. The macadamia coconut which was served with caramel sauce was alright but I kind of regretted not trying their green tea or hojicha flavor instead.



It's been a really busy afternoon for me and my stomach. Now, it's time to check out Croquantchou Zaku Zaku next door.





Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: LUCUA Osaka B2F, 3-1-3 Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka, 530-0001 Japan
Closest Metro Station: Umeda
Tel: +81 (0)6 6225-7162
Website: www.handelsvagen.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think