Thursday, August 16, 2018

The Pawn (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

I'm back to The Pawn for a very quick one this afternoon. Some of my friends asked why I'm still coming back regularly inspite of the inconsistency from their kitchen. I guess I still enjoy the occasional pleasant surprises from their daily menu although today, it's more of a horror story.



Starter was a pretty good-looking grilled octopus with broad bean and tomato coulis.



For the most part, it's been a decent dish except the fact that the octopus was fairly chewy on the outside. Something probably went wrong during the cooking coz the piece of octopus did look like a good one.



My main dish turned out to be a little bit better. Pommery glazed salmon was interestingly paired with maple syrup and red bell pepper. Judging from the flavors, it looked like the salmon fillet might have been marinated with something like Indian rojak before they went sous vide with it.



This was a borderline passing dish but then it's not a particularly difficult one to do to start with.



Following two underwhelming dishes in a roll, I wasn't sure if I would be interested for another adventure in the dessert department. So, I settled the bill and went to Lee Tung Avenue looking for other sweet options.

Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: 62 Johnston Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2866-3444
Website: www.thepawn.com.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think