Thursday, August 30, 2018

Pierre Hermé Paris at Ritz Carlton Kyoto (Kyoto, JAPAN) ★★★★☆

Apart from checking out Tempura Mizuki's Michelin starred tempura, I also knew exactly where I wanted to go for dessert at Ritz Carlton Kyoto right after lunch - Pierre Hermé Paris boutique.



It's nice to see all these familiar faces Ispahan, Tarte Infiniment Citron and Plaisir Sucre along with some unfamiliar ones.



I think I know exactly what I want.....



These two I have never tried before.....



Tarte Mahogany (700 yen) - This is almost a carbon copy of my favorite Tarte Infiniment Vanille with the same pâte sablée but the vanilla-flavored mascarpone cream has been replaced by a caramel flavored one. Mango compote and lychee have also taken the place of white chocolate ganache with vanilla in the middle while the coconut dacquoise biscuit added a bit of crunchiness to the mix.



Passion (700 yen) - Another one that has a similar resemblance of their Tarte Infiniment Vanille. Looks like vanilla and passion fruit will both be involved and obviously the mixed berries topping. 



After we picked up our sweet treats, we took a cab to Kinkakuji or Golden Pavilion (金閣寺) to do our usual touristy thing. It's my second time here but trust me, it's still as stunning as the first.



We decided to have a sweet picnic right after our visit to Kinkakuji so we brought out our two desserts from Boutique Pierre Hermé Paris we've got earlier.



While Tarte Mahogany was everything I've wished for, Passion was a pleasant surprise. The rich flavor of vanilla was perfectly complemented by the rhubarb compote and the hint of passion fruit. Delish~








Food Rating: 7.5/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: G/F Ritz Carlton Kyoto, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto, 604-0902 Japan
Closest Metro Station: Jingu-Marutamachi
Tel: +81 (0)7 5746-5555
Website: www.pierreherme.co.jp/boutique/ritz-carlton-jp/



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think