Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Starbucks Kyoto Nineizaka Yasaka Chayate 星巴克京都二年坂茶屋店 (Kyoto, JAPAN) ★★★☆☆

It's difficult to argue the fact that Japan has some of the most beautifully designed Starbucks in the world. This afternoon, I got the chance to check out one of them inside a two-story townhouse in the heart of Kyoto's most historic neighborhoods.



Opened in the summer of 2017, Starbucks Kyoto Nineizaka Yasaka Chayate (星巴克京都二年坂茶屋店) is housed in a beautifully restored townhouse with more than 100 years of history.



This offers a very unique experience to enjoy a sip of coffee inside a traditional Kyoto machiya wooden townhouse.



A few of the corridors here lead to a traditional Japanese courtyard (or garden) like this one.



As the world's first ever tatami-style Starbucks, they have three tatami-style rooms on the second floor of the premise. Unfortunately, all three rooms were fully occupied during my visit. I thought it would be impolite for me to go in and take photos so I just grabbed my matcha latte and continued my visit to Kiyomizudera (清水寺), one of the most celebrated temples in Japan.








Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 349 Banchi, Masuya-cho, Shimogawara Higashi-iru, Kodaiji Minamimon-dori, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, 605-0826 Japan
Closest Metro Station: Gion-Shijo
Tel: +81 (0)7 5532-0601



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think