Saturday, August 11, 2018

Wise Bro Dessert 聰少甜品 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

We had another productive afternoon in Tuen Mun first with a visit to the Tomica pop-up and finished things off at the Tuen Mun Reptile House. 



It's a very small premise that they've got here at the Reptile House but they did a fine job squeezing in all the different species. 



After spending half an hour at the Reptile House, we slowly walked over to VCity looking for some sweet treats at Wise Bro Dessert (聰少甜品).



Wise Bro Dessert is an offshoot from the popular Chung So Dessert (聰嫂甜品) who has seen their business really taken off in the last few years. Some reports even indicated that they are making significant strides in their expansion in Mainland China.



Durian with crystal seeds ($59) - I thought this was going to be a collection of different textures of durian and I was pretty close. Underneath the flavorful durian ice-cream was a bit of durian compote. I was expecting the crystal seeds to be durian flavored too (molecular?) but they tasted more like sago. Pretty decent.



Walnut soup with almond tea ($30) - This was just a mix of walnut soup and almond tea, two of the most popular sweet soup in Hong Kong. I have fairly high standards when it comes to sweet soup and judging from the color of this, I knew it's not going to be good. And turned out I was right. It was way too watery for me.



Looks like this would be my first and last experience with Wise Bro I'm afraid. 

Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop G-13, G/F, V City, 83 Tuen Mun Heung Sze Wui Road, Tuen Mun, NT, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tuen Mun
Tel: +852 2786-2898


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think