Monday, August 27, 2018

Patisserie Gokan 五感 (Osaka, JAPAN) ★★★☆☆

I came across Patisserie Gokan during my last trip to Osaka and they strike me as an elegant French patisserie with a strong Japanese twist. Japanese ingredients obviously play a huge part in the success of their seasonal creations, which is why I'm coming here looking for some peach themed desserts this afternoon.



Peach, peach and more peach! WOW!




White Peach Pie (480 yen) - There were half of a white peach and sponge cake on top of the crispy tart. I was trying to figure out how to divide this up between the three of us without making a mess. At the end, I had to get a bowl and let the peach pie sit on top of it to do it.




This wasn't bad.




White peach shortcake (500 yen) - Very nice layering from the pillowy sponge cakes, fresh cream and white peach. I was expecting a little bit more from the wine jelly (thought it was wine but didn't say in the Japanese description) sitting on top of the cake but it was pretty bland.




Now that I've got my sweet tooth fixed, time to head to the aquarium coz my little one just can't wait......





Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 1/F Nakanoshima Daibiru Building, 3-3-23 Nakanoshima, Kita-ku, Osaka, 
530-0005 Japan
Closest Metro Station: Higobashi
Tel: +81 (0)6 6225-3303
Website: www.patisserie-gokan.co.jp



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think