Monday, August 27, 2018

Luke's Lobster Shinsaibashi (Osaka, JAPAN) ★★★☆☆

I was trying to locate the "Journal Standard" store at the Shinsaibashi-Suji Shopping Street (心齋橋筋商店街) in order to help me find Luke's Lobster but what I didn't know was that Luke has already found a new home two blocks down south.



It's going to be the same menu and price (Why change?). 980 yen for a regular lobster roll and 1,580 yen for a super-sized one (they call it US size).

Luke's Lobster Shinsaibashi Food Menu

They have sets available but I don't think I want yet another cold drink at this point. I've had quite a few of those since I woke up this morning.

Luke's Lobster Shinsaibashi Food Menu

The best thing about this new dig is finally, they've got some proper seating so we don't have to stand around the busy street of Shinsaibashi while taking a bite out of our delicious lobster roll (and then had a few pieces of lobster dropping onto the floor). A point to note about this new dining area, it's not directly next to their cashier counter. In fact, it's somewhat hidden down a little alley (cashier and kitchen occupy Stall A while seating area occupy C and D separated by another shop).



I decided to get myself a super-sized lobster roll coz after all, it's almost dinner time (6PM already!).



There's so much lobster meat in there that the buttery brioche could hardly do its job to house all of them!

I don't know if it's just me but their lobster roll is not nearly as mouthwatering as it used to be. Yes, there were tons of lobster meat but they were ice cold and bland. Even the brioche wasn't sizzling hot and it's supposed to be fresh out of their oven (from a re-heat?). That's disappointing.



If venturing over to Shinsaibashi proves to be too much of a hassle for you, Luke's Lobster also has a food truck parked just outside the Carnival Mall at Namba Parks. And I think like their Shinsaibashi branch, it's open till 10PM (but I could be wrong...).








Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 1-5-20 Shinsaibashisuji, Chuo-ku, Ōsaka, 542-0085 Japan
Closest Metro Station: Shinsaibashi
Tel: +81 6-6121-8177
Website: www.lukeslobster.jp



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think