Saturday, August 12, 2017

Pasticceria Marchesi 1824 (Milan, ITALY) ★★★☆☆

Even before Prada's acquisition, Pasticceria Marchesi has already been a symbol of Italy's finest culinary traditions. For almost two centuries (opened in 1824), Marchesi has been known for their freshly baked bread, pastries, cakes and cookies and now with the backing of the Prada Group, it's going stronger than ever.



One of their first moves is to give Pasticceria Marchesi a fashionable makeover. With the help of architect Roberto Baciocchi, the group has since launched a couple of new branches bringing the famed Milanese café outside its original location for the first time.



I have my eyes on their branch at the Galleria Vittoria Emanuele II for a while now and today, I finally found the perfect opportunity to pay them a visit (I was getting breakfast for everyone since I was the first one to wake up in the morning).



It was a very chic place for a morning coffee. The selection of freshly made bread was excellent and it really didn't take long for me managed to get my hands on a couple of croissants and brioche (It was way too early for pastries.).




The croissant with chocolate custard cream was really good! Very flaky and buttery.



The filling of chocolate custard cream was nicely done.



Less tasty was the brioche.....



I was glad that I managed to squeeze in a nice breakfast at Pasticceria Marchesi out of our busy schedule. Now just another 24 hours before we take off for Verona.





Price: €€€
Address: Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, 20121 Milan, 20121 Milan, Italy
Tel: +39 02 9418-1710
Website: www.pasticceriamarchesi.com



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think