Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Hotel des Alpes Restaurant (Lucerne, SWITZERLAND) ★★★☆☆

I've been dying for some rösti (potato pancake) since we crossed the Italian-Swiss border and finally got my wish in Lucerne.



Located across the street from the Reuss river with front row seats to the Kapellbrücke wooden footbridge, Hotel des Alpes Restaurant is a lounge and restaurant on the ground floor of the 3-star hotel.



We had a full day of action already so just a quick meal before we crash.



Piquant chicken wings - Pretty tangy and working well with the homemade wasabi mayonnaise.



Tagliolini with prawns - Thin egg noodles tossed with lemon pepper, cream, baby-spinach and prawns. This wasn't bad and honestly, we were too tired to start getting picky.



Crispy Rösti - Yes, I finally got my wish! A vintage Swiss-style (or German, I could never tell!) potato cake with spinach, crispy shallots topped by a fried egg. There was a version of this with beef but I think I will just be a vegetarian for one night.



Just when I was finishing up my rösti, little guy began to wake up from his sleep. So we quickly order something for him and while we waited for his dish, I brought him out to see the swimming ducks. A special moment for daddy and son.....






Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: Rathausquai 5, 6004 Luzern, Switzerland
Tel: +41 41 417-2060
Website: www.desalpes-luzern.ch/en/Restaurant


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think