Tuesday, August 15, 2017

I Tre Mercanti (Venice, ITALY) ★★★★☆

I Tre Mercanti (Italian: The Three Merchants) is listed as a "gourmet grocery store" on Google map but in reality, they're much more than that. There are two things I really like about them - their selection of wine and tiramisu (16 different flavors!).



Here is a list of their 16 flavors of tiramisu in case you're wondering.



I Tre Mercanti is one of the handful of interesting stores on Calle Bande Castello. While their wine selection was wonderful, it was their handmade tiramisu that caught my eyes in the first place (Hi, chef!).



All the different flavors of tiramisu are made right here inside the glass walled open kitchen.



As a purist, I had to check this classic tiramisu (3.5 euro) off my list. This was really nice. Perhaps nicer than some of those from a fancy Michelin starred kitchen. Light, airy and moist in the middle with the perfect balance of coffee and liquor.



Mom, being the pistachio freak that she is, took the pistachio tiramisu (4 euro) and was rather impressed with it. Well, except for the amount of liquor which she thought was a little over the top but it was spot on for me.



We have another 14 flavors to go before we leave Venice. Let's hope we have enough stomach room to accommodate all 14 when we come back here tomorrow.





Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: €€
Address: Campo de la Guerra 5364, 30122 Venice, Italy
Tel: +39 041 522-2901
Website: www.itremercanti.it



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think