Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Gran Caffè Quadri (Venice, ITALY) ★★★☆☆

After visiting the oldest cafè in the world in Caffè Florian during our last trip to Venice, I knew it was time to check out the city's other historic cafè, Gran Caffè Quadri, this time around. Located on the other side of Piazza San Marco (across from Caffe Florian), Gran Caffè Quadri has owned by the Alamjo brothers since 2011 and the premise is home to three different dining concepts, the grand cafè (with seats stretched out to Piazza San Marco), a casual restaurant on ground floor and a Michelin starred fine dining restaurant on first floor overlooking the square.



I was the first one to wake up again this morning and like the last couple of days, I decided to venture out for a sip of morning coffee. I kept walking and walking before finally arriving in front of Gran Caffè Quadri.



Despite the early hours, Piazza San Marco is already packed with travelers from around the world. Same goes for Gran Caffè Quadri, which has attracted its share of visitors seeking a pilgrimage trip to one of the oldest cafes in the world.



I had a nice pistachio croissant (2 euro) with my morning coffee. Both weren't particularly cheap but now I have something to talk about with my coffee friends when I go back to Hong Kong (my experience at the oldest cafès in Venice)!



After grabbing a croissant with cream (2 euro) and chocolate hazelnut muffin (2.5 euro) for mom and Jelloman respectively, it's time to head back to our hotel.







Food Rating: 5/10
Price: €€€
Address: Piazza San Marco, 121, 30100 Venice, Italy
Tel: +39 041 522-2105
Website: www.alajmo.it/grancaffe-quadri


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think