Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Ristorante Riva Del Vin (Venice, ITALY) ★★★☆☆

I decided to bring mom and little one to Ristorante Riva Del Vin for dinner tonight. This would be my second visit to this casual canalside restaurant right by Canal Grande. That by itself made it a pretty good tourist restaurant.



The track record of Ristorante Riva Del Vin isn't exactly a sparkling one (Google: 2.2 out of 5, Tripadvisor: 2.5 out of 5, Yelp: 2 out of 5) and we got a taste of the horrendous service last time we were here. Some forums even labeled it as a tourist trap but as food and service were not our number 1 and 2 priorities tonight, we are just going to simply sit back, relax and enjoy the canal view.



Oh yeah, this is exactly what I'm talking about. We are going to just camp here and look at gondolas and boats pass us by left and right all night!



Spaghetti with scampi and tomato - This is the same dish I had when I was here last time. The spaghetti was again pretty solid and it was tossed in the creamy tomato sauce which came with a slightly spicy note. Pretty nice. 



Deep-fried calamari - I like the batter but the whole thing was just a little bland. (What I thought was) The corn polenta on the side also didn't contribute much to the dish.



Roasted chicken thigh with potatoes - Not much flavors coming from the rosemary and house gravy. Didn't finish it all.



I was expecting mediocre food right from the start so there was no disappointment there. I thought service improved quite a lot since my last visit as we didn't have to yell at somebody to place an order or ask for service. That little pleasant surprise got me a little pumped up and at the end, I decided to reward our server with a small tip.





Food Rating: 4/10
Price: €€€
Address: 745 San Polo, 30100, Venice, Italy
Tel: +39 041 523-9775
Website: www.ristoranterivadelvin.com



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think