Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Gelateria Basium (Venice, ITALY) ★★★☆☆

We finally got our first gelato in Venice and it was at a place we're getting more and more familiar with these days, since it's just around the corner of our hotel.


Gelateria Basium (Latin: kiss) reminded me of "Kiss the tiramisu" in Seoul because of its slogan - the gelato to kiss.....


We spent a lot of time in front of their counter trying to decide what we wanted to get. The soft cheese and pear gelato, one of their more popular flavors, looked pretty intriguing but I was looking for something sweeter to tame my sweet tooth. So, I went with this - pistachio and ricotta cheese with honey and chocolate chip (3 euro).


These were pretty silky. Not as rich and flavorful like the ones at Venchi (for example) but it served our purpose well.


After walking around Venice all day, My eyes were glowing when I saw these chairs inside the gelateria. Boy, I could definitely use a bit of rest by now.


Ginseng coffee - This unusual blend of coffee popped up a few years ago from Milan to Naples due to its health benefits and non-Italian (or fusion) appeal. Too bad I had my daily dose of caffeine already.


Let's hope I have enough time to come back for my ginseng coffee tomorrow before we take off for Bergamo.





Food Rating: 5/10
Price: €€€
Address: Campo di Santa Maria Formosa n.5851, 30122 Venice, Italy
Tel: +39 345 619-0884
Website: www.facebook.com/Basium.Venezia/



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think