Friday, August 11, 2017

Pasticceria Cova (Milan, ITALY) ★★★☆☆

Last time I walked past these doors in front of Pasticceria Cova, the famed Italian pasticceria was in the middle of a month-long renovation.



Before this trip, I promised myself I would pay this historic cafè a visit since it's their 200-year anniversary (The cafe was founded by Antonio Cova back in 1817.).



They moved to their current location on the corner of the famous Piazza della Scala in the 1950's and has been a popular meeting place for writers, politicians, journalists and rich upper-class ever since.



Our initial plan was to have a couple of their pastries before heading back to our hotel to rest. But some of us suddenly remembered that it's been more than 12 hours since we last had a proper meal so we all gladly went for the lunch menu instead.



We had a lot of experience with Cova's amazing cakes (mostly in Hong Kong) before but this was our first encounter with their savory dishes. Would it fare as well?



First of all, some bread and grissini...



I had a hot chocolate with whipped cream to kick things off.



Cova's Caesar salad - A classic Caesar with crisp romaine lettuce and roasted chicken fillet. Some shaved parmesan and a simple salad dressing provided the finishing touch.



Sea bass with cherry tomatoes and capers - I thought it was sole at my very first glance (I was obviously a little dizzy due to my lack of sleep). This tasted alright. I like the sauce with lots of tomatoes and capers on top.



Venere rice with tiger prawns - Lovely bouncy texture from the prawns but I didn't like the venere rice at all. A little too much bite for someone just off the plane after a 12-hour flight. Jaws a little sore...



At this point, jetlag was finally kicking in so sadly, there would be no dessert for everybody (they have less options than the Cova's in Hong Kong anyways).....

PS: What would a classy place like this be without a good-looking hand dryer?






Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: €€€
Address: Via Montenapoleone 8, 20121 Milan, Italy
Tel: +39 02 7600-5599
Website: www.covamilano.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think