Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Gelati Nico (Venice, ITALY) ★★★☆☆

In keeping up my one ice-cream per day pace, I decided to stop by Gelati Nico for a scoop of gelato after a morning battle with the nasty heat.



Opened in 1935, Gelati Nico can be found on the Zattere, by the panoramic boardwalk of Venice which runs from San Basilio all the way to Punta della Dogana.



While a scoop of gelato would do the trick for me on most summer days, I needed more to cool myself off this afternoon after running around Dorsoduro for a few hours straight. I ended up having a frosty tiramisu milkshake (6.5 euro) which was quite thirst quenching.



Cassata siciliana (6.5 euro) - sort of like an ice-cream sandwich with candied fruit mixed in the middle. OK but a little pricey. I would much prefer having another glass of milkshake instead but that's just me.







Food Rating: 4/10
Price: €€€€
Address: Fodamenta Zattere al Ponte Longo, 922, 30123 Venice, Italy
Tel: +39 041 522-5293
Website: www.gelaterianico.com



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think