Thursday, July 21, 2016

Nino's Cozinha (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Another big meeting is coming up this afternoon. As always, I tried to take some pressure off and what a better way to do so than getting myself stuffed with good food? And just when we were checking out Star Street and Moon Street one after another, we ran into Nino's Cozinha, a Portuguese restaurant that we've yet to try before and judging from the flower baskets in front, it's probably a new kid on the block.



The moment we started flipping through the lunch menu (OK, there's only one A4 page), we began questioning ourselves this. Is this truly a restaurant serving Portuguese food?



Both the soup of the day (tomato soup) and salad of the day (garden green) suggested that this is simply a Hong Kong style western restaurant. And the main dishes of char-grilled rib eye, pork sirloin, pan roasted salmon fillet and spaghetti with scallops confirmed that suspicion.



But we were not keen about Portuguese food anyways so we decided to give it a go.

I had the garden green to start my meal. This was pretty decent, at least for the price I was paying. The acidity from the vinegar dressing was spot on and not overpowering like most local western restaurants.

 

As much as I love to pepper myself with meat, I ended up picking seafood this afternoon. I guess having too much beef and chicken in Seoul played a huge part in that decision.


Quite honestly, I had very low expectation for this spaghetti with scallops ($118) which was served with a creamy asparagus sauce and parmesan cheese. How could I have high expectations for a pasta at a place touted itself as a Portuguese restaurant? But this turned out to be quite decent.

Both pieces of scallops, I thought, were probably from Hokkaido as they were really big in size and they were nicely seared and properly seasoned to go with the pasta. If they can improve a bit on the spaghetti and sauce, it's actually not a bad choice at all.



Hopefully there will be a bit more Portuguese dishes going into their food menu real soon coz I do like Portuguese cuisine.

Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$
Address: G/F, 2-12 Moon Street, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Admiralty
Tel: +852 3955-2286


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think