Saturday, July 9, 2016

Ihwasoo 이화수전통육개장 (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★☆☆

I swear we didn't have this one in our itinerary to start this trip but Ihwasoo (이화수전통육개장) ended up being the first restaurant we visited hours following our arrival in Seoul.



Ihwasoo is a casual Korean eatery that specializes in some of the best Korean street food the city has to offer including traditional yukgaejang (Korean spicy beef soup), bossam (pork belly) and jokbal (pig's trotters). Since it's just a 3-minute walk from our hotel (Courtyard Marriott Namdaemun), I thought we better check this place out before our shopping spree. 



Man, I love to get my hands dirty on some bossam this evening. Let's get the "wraps" ready.



This portion is pretty big even for three people who haven't eaten for half a day! If you want my honest opinion, it was a little dry and I think I could tolerate a bit more fat.



But the dumplings were perfect. Fluffy and perfect.



I like the balance of pork and vegetables in there and it worked wonders with the Korean chili sauce.  



Ihwasoo is open 24 hours so stop by any of the many locations near you. Their pig's trotters and dumplings are safe bets to keep your stomach happy!





Food Rating: 4/10
Price: ₩₩₩
Address: 68-3 Taepyeongno 2(i)-ga, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Closest Metro Station: Hoehyeon / City Hall
Tel: +82 2-3789-7300
Website: www.ihwasoo.com



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think