Sunday, July 31, 2016

CIAK All Day Italian (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

My furniture hunt finished a lot earlier than expected so we got a little ahead of our schedule. Since our previous brunch at Mr & Mrs Fox left a bit of stomach room unoccupied, we decided to go to Taikoo Shing in search for a quick afternoon snack. That was when I ran into CIAK All Day Italian.

Wow, I didn't know Michelin starred CIAK In the Kitchen has opened a branch here. This is a complete shocker for me; maybe I should go out more often!



In addition to their casual Italian restaurant (which wasn't open at this hour), they have this little cafertia style "canteen" right next to it serving coffee, cakes and pasta. Everything here is mostly self-served.



Like I said, I was a little hungry after my brunch so apart from an iced chocolate, I went for more.



Chestnut cake - This is pretty cool. A very small sponge sandwiched in between variations of chestnut including chestnut mousse, chestnut purée, caramelized chestnut and smalls chunks of candied chestnut. Even the meringue on top tasted a little like chestnut!

I thought it was a little too sweet for my liking but nevertheless not bad.



Tagliolini Arrabbiata - Probably one of the most expensive "food court" pasta in Hong Kong at $120. The eggy tagliolini had some seriously good bite which was quite nice but I didn't think it was working too well with the spicy tomato sauce.



If you're looking for some quality Italian food in Cityplaza and don't have a lot of time to spare, this could be the place to be but be ready for the heavy price tag.

Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 265, 2/F, Cityplaza, 18 Taikoo Shing Road, Tai Koo, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Taikoo
Tel: +852 2116-5128


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think