Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Mak's Noodle 麥奀雲吞麵世家 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I was in a bit of a rush to meet my hair stylist tonight. All I could spare was about 15 to 20 minutes so it looks like I'll have to settle for a quick supper at Mak's Noodle (麥奀雲吞麵世家).  



It's been a while since I last had a wonton noodle soup here and I was really looking forward to having one this evening. But then again their beef brisket and tendon noodle soup (牛筋牛腩麵) is also an intriguing choice.

At the end, I decided to go for their beef brisket and tendon noodle soup. Like I said before, it's been a while since I was here so I had no idea how a tiny bowl of noodle looks like these days. But now I know! Trust me, it's pretty diminutive. For a grown man like myself, I think I need at least 3 of those to be reasonably full.

So I tried convincing myself that size does not matter and instead I should put more focus on the quality of the noodle soup. In all fairness, I thought it was a seriously good bowl of noodle soup. The noodles were springy thin and had very nice bite to it. The broth was perhaps a little too rich (and salty) for a health conscious person like myself but the brisket was very tender. Equally nice was the beef tendon with its slippery smooth texture.



It's nice to get reacquainted with the noodle soup that I grew up eating but unfortunately, I thought the portion was disappointingly tiny considering its relatively heavy price tag.

Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$$
Address: 19 Lock Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2301-3233


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think