Sunday, July 24, 2016

Vive Cake Boutique Lee Tung Avenue (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

After spending the entire afternoon in Ap Lei Chau walking up and down the stairs of the Horizon Plaza, we were in desperate need of some sucrose the moment we got back to civilization. 



I recalled walking past Vive Cake Boutique here last week. 



Vive Cake Boutique is the latest venture by patissier Vivien Lau (thus the name) who opened her semi-namesake cake shop in Repulse Bay last year. She has since re-located it to Lee Tung Avenue in the basement level. 



They don't really have a lot to offer in terms of quantity. Only 5-6 different cakes to choose from on this afternoon but hey, all we care about is quality not quantity.




Honestly I was caught a little surprised to find that everything at this lovely cafe is strictly self-served. Well, unless you're ordering drinks, then they will bring it right up to your table.



One In A Melon ($45) - the sole reason for my trip here. I found myself addicted to all kinds of watermelon cakes ever since my last visit to Lifetastic so I was hoping this would be nearly as good. But sadly it wasn't.

I thought the watermelon and pistachio sponge were nice but the absence of rose water, rose scented cream and dried rose petals seemed to have taken something away from this (comparing to the version by Black Star Pastry). This is borderline okay for my spoiled taste buds.



Treasure Hunt ($48) - Well, I thought more successful was the salted caramel cake called "Treasure Hunt" featuring a smooth and delicate chocolate mousse. The salted caramel mousse in the middle was soft like a marshmallow. Very nice. 






Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop B05-06, Lee Tung Avenue, 200 Queens Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 5111-4895
Website: www.vive.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think