Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Bills Ginza (Tokyo, JAPAN) ★★★★☆

It was tough to get out of bed this morning following our little scare last night. Like all my teammates, I went to bed late and my sleep was cut short by the alarm clock signaling time to wake up. Fortunately, I have a series of activities to look forward to and the first one coming up, breakfast at Bills Ginza.

It would be my third dining experience at Bills and let's just say the previous ones didn't really work out very well. But this proved to be a totally different affair altogether with the hipster vibe making a very strong first impression. 



Black sesame shake (1,300 yen) – Silky smooth and very grainy with rich, black sesame flavor. Reminded me a lot of the black sesame shake at Shake Shack Osaka.


Full Aussie (3,100 yen) – The Full-Aussie breakfast came with scrambled eggs, sourdough toast, bacon, roasted tomato, herbed garlic mushrooms, pork and fennel sausage. It would be really great to have something like this once a week.



G
ravalax (680 yen) – I added a few slices of gravalax for good measure. Not bad.



Ricotta hotcakes, fresh banana, honeycomb butter (2,400 yen) – One of Bills' most iconic dish so it was well worth the 15-minute wait. This tasted almost like the Japanese soufflé pancakes. Very soft and fluffy with subtle ricotta cheese flavor. I can see why this can be pretty addictive for some of us including mom.



Everyone had a great time at Bills this morning making the short sleep worthwhile. I am having a short break after breakfast and up next the main event, my highly anticipated lunch at three-Michelin starred L'Osier.





Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: ¥¥¥¥
Address: 12/F Okura House, 2-6-12 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-0061, Japan
Closest Metro Station: Ginza
Tel: +81 3-5524-1900
Opening Hours: 8:30am - 11:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think