Friday, August 25, 2023

Patisserie Michalak ミシャラク at Takashimaya Namba (Osaka, JAPAN) ★★★☆☆

We didn't have much to do in Osaka today following a very busy day in Kyoto yesterday. Just a relaxing morning in the nearby Dotonbori and off to Mitsui Shopping Park LaLaport Kadome (門真) for some shopping in the afternoon. I figured since we have some spare time in the morning, perhaps I should venture over to Namba (難波) to check out some pastries at the Takashimaya food hall.

Takashimaya opens at 10am so there's no problem for me getting in early. As usual, I found all the usual suspects like Henri Charpentier, Patisserie Gokan (五感) etc. but there was another familiar name that I wanted to take a closer look at, Patisserie Michalak ミシャラク from Paris.

Patisserie Michalak ミシャラク at Takashimaya Namba [Osaka, JAPAN]

I had the pleasure of visiting La Pâtisserie Christophe Michalak at Printemps in Paris just before the pandemic in 2019 and it was quite an experience. But time only permitted me to try their tartes, not their fruit-themed pastries which were also a pretty famous one under the brand. So, I'm here to make amends.



Mangue (810 yen) 
– Crispy almond, soft coconut biscuit, mango guava passion fruit confit, mango mousse.

Patisserie Michalak ミシャラク at Takashimaya Namba [Osaka, JAPAN] - Mangue (810 yen) – Crispy almond, soft coconut biscuit, mango guava passion fruit confit, mango mousse.

I thought the mango mousse, thick slab of mango guava passion fruit confit and coconut biscuit combined for a nice tropical theme but overall, the acidity was a little too much for my liking. That would be my verdict.

Patisserie Michalak ミシャラク at Takashimaya Namba [Osaka, JAPAN] - Mangue (810 yen) – Crispy almond, soft coconut biscuit, mango guava passion fruit confit, mango mousse.





Food Rating: 6/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: B1F, Takashimaya Namba, 5-1-5 Nanba, Chuo-ku, Osaka, 542-0076, Japan
Closest Metro Station: Namba
Tel: +81 (0)6 6632-9301
Opening Hours: 10:00am - 8:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think