Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Deer Kitchen (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

Deer Kitchen is my first official dine-out experience since returning from Osaka a couple of days ago. I am still singing my post-trip blues so I am not going to be too picky about where to have my lunch this afternoon.



I walked past this little restaurant in Tsuen Wan West a few times already but it was completely empty back then. But this afternoon, they were having a pretty decent lunch crowd so I decided to give it a go. 


Starting things off was a small salad with a Japanese style sesame dressing.


The main event was linguine tossed in a creamy mentaiko sauce with chicken and mushrooms (wordings directly from the menu). I thought the pink sauce was a little too thick and gluey making it hard for me to navigate with my fork. 


I normally have pretty high standards for a creamy mentaiko pasta simply because it's one of my signature dishes that I liked to cook for my family. This one probably didn't come close to being on par with my mentaiko pasta and that's not quite good enough from a professional kitchen. 




Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop G06-07, G/F, City Walk, 1 Yeung Uk Road, Tsuen Wan, NT, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsuen Wan West
Tel: +852 2561-0016
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think