Thursday, August 24, 2023

Ben's Cookies Shijo (Kyoto, JAPAN) ★★★★☆

I missed out on the chance to get some of my favorite cookies from Ben's Cookies when we were in Tokyo a few days ago. I was just steps away from making it happen at their GinzaSix location but it eluded me. But life is good when you have a second chance again.



We were visiting Kyoto on a day trip and just happened to bump into their Shijo outlet (京都四条店). Yes, life is so good when there's a second chance waiting on the wing.



Originating from a town just outside of Oxford in 1983, Ben’s Cookies have long been touted for their soft and chewy texture, and of course the generous portion of chocolate chunks.



Milk chocolate 
– One of my favorites is their milk chocolate with macadamia nuts but they were sold out today. This was a version without the macadamia and I thought it was almost as tasty.



White chocolate 
– The light-colored white chocolate cookie was equally delicious but I thought the white chocolate chunk was a tad too sweet for an old man like me. Tasty but I prefer eating a little more healthy these days.



Double chocolate with walnuts 
– Finally, something with nuts on it. This was OK but the the bitterness from the double chocolate was a little too much for little nugget's liking. 







Food Rating: 6/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 89 Shincho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, 600-8001, Japan
Closest Metro Station: Kyoto-Kawaramachi
Tel: +81 (0)75 741-7072
Opening Hours: 10:30am - 9:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think