Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Roganic (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

For months, I have been itching to go back to Roganic but one thing prevented me from doing so – their lunch menu which never seems to change over time. In fact, it's been the same starter, main and dessert since I last visited back in July but finally, I got some good news this week. 



As usual, I asked for a seat at the counter table in hope to steal a thing or two from the pastry chefs. 😊



Well, I guess it's a little early for the pastry chefs to start working on the desserts. 😅


Like many restaurants in the city, their lunch menu can be found right here from the QR Code.



Potato and seaweed tartlet with sticky egg and charred onion 
– Like my previous meals here, lunch started off brightly with a small tartlet. This time around, it was a nori shell filled with toppings of potato, sticky egg and smoky charred onion. Very lovely crunch and pretty tasty!


At this point, my favorite soda bread was served up with their signature cultured brown butter.


Marjoram brined cabbage, crispy Hong Kong oyster mushrooms, wasabi – I had this one quite a while back (I think at least a year ago) but with a different presentation. This time, the burnt local Chinese cabbage was laid out flat with crispy oyster mushrooms sitting on top. The dish was finished off with a wasabi foam giving the cabbage great depth of flavors.


Butter poached grouper, heirloom sweetcorn, roasted shrimp sauce – My main dish was butter poached grouper fillet served in a very intense shrimp emulsion made with shrimp heads and tails.



The sweetness (and crunch) of the heirloom sweetcorn was a nice match to the grouper and shrimp foam but the addition of miso made this almost perfect marriage a little "exotic".


Following my main course, I was offered a housemade apple kombucha that I thought played the role of a palate cleanser brilliantly.


Black tea custard tart with condensed milk ice cream – Dessert was a familiar one for me as I had this for a few times already.



This modern take on the local milk tea never grows old (although I probably won't mind having another dessert on my next visit).



As much as I enjoy coming back to Roganic, they've gotta change their menu a little more often to make my return trip worthwhile.





Food Rating: 7/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 8, UG/F, Sino Plaza, 255 Gloucester Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Causeway Bay
Tel: +852 2817-8383
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 2:30pm, 6:00pm - 10:30pm (Tue - Sun)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think